Welcome to the first flash fiction story of our 5th Annual Halloween Flash Fiction Event! I always love reading the seasonal stories our authors come up with, inspired by some amazing artwork by creators on DeviantArt.com. Today’s story is courtesy of Morgan Brice, and is a holiday view into her Badlands world. The inspiration…
Registration for the 2018 Coastal Magic Convention opened up on July 1st, and I’m SO EXCITED to see so many familiar names on our attendee list already!! I’m very glad that you’re having enough fun with us to come back, year after year.
Right now, I want to make sure you know about THREE contests we’ve got going on through the month of July. Two are for our newsletter subscribers, so if you haven’t signed up to get those monthly emails, you can do that HERE. There are fun tidbits and contests from some of our Featured Authors, and updates from me about things going on behind the scenes.
This month’s newsletter features author Shaila Patel, who is offering up three digital copies of her novel SOULMATED. 🙂 In addition, Judy from The Glitter Dungeon (who is also the mom of Coastal Magic con family/alumni Molly Harper) has made us customized money jars! (Her Etsy shop has jars with all different themes; “bail money”, vacation, baby, “girls/guys night out”, etc.) One of our “Coastal Magic” jars will go to a lucky newsletter subscriber, and another one will go to one of our registered attendees. That’s right, if you’ve registered by July 31st, you’re automatically entered to win the second of our savings jars!
So… lots of fun things going on right now in CoastalMagicLand. 🙂
Good luck to all our newsletter subscribers and registered attendees!! If you have subscribed yet, or registered to come join us in February… now’s a good time to do both!
See you by the beach!
This year we had our first photo challenge contest for a FREE General Registration to Coastal Magic. I had a lot of fun working with the authors and bloggers to post a picture on Instagram (and fed onto other social media) for each day’s prompt. HUGE Thank You go all of our participating Coastal Magic family, and everyone one of YOU who played along!! It was really great to see all the creativity in interpretation for each pic.
Just for reference… this was our challenge…
And our winning post (randomly selected by link) is…
posted on June 16th, by “makingithappenblog” (Carra Saigh) on Instagram
Congratulations, Carra!!! Thanks for taking part in the challenge. Please email me for instructions on redeeming your FREE General Registration for next year’s Coastal Magic.
Keep your eyes peeled (and on our blog, newsletter, and social media) for the next fun contest. (Hint… we’ve got stuff coming up SOON!)
July will be here in a few hours, and General Registration for the 2018 Coastal Magic Convention will be OPEN!
I’m always a combination of excitement and stress right around this time. A lot of work has gone into the planning of next year’s event, and so much more is still to come. As the director, making sure everyone has a good time (and making sure there are enough people there TO have a good time) is my main focus. This is the beginning of SEEING that goal start to happen. Our lovely readers have always shown up, though, so I really SHOULDN’T be anxious. And yet… (see above flaily armed dude)…
So… what do you need to know before you get decide to join us?
- General Registration covers all official, on-site panels and activities (meet & greets, parties, etc.) during the weekend. (There may be additional events hosted outside the official schedule – fan meetups and such – that may have additional fees. Those activities will be outlined with details on the website when the schedule is posted in the fall.)
- Cost is $90 plus EventBrite fees, and also includes:
- Welcome Bag filled with swag & goodies from authors & publishers
- Saturday’s “Lunch with an Author” (this meal is provided)
- Saturday’s book sale/signing (bookseller on-site, also open to the public)
- Refunds are available within 90 days of registration, through December 31st. After 90 days, or after December 31st, registrations may be transferred to another reader.
- Registration does not guarantee a room at the host hotel. Link for reserving your room will be sent with your confirmation from EventBrite. If our group block fills before you’re able to get your room, there are many other hotel options within a very close walking/public transportation distance.
If you’re already familiar with Coastal Magic… YAY! If this is the first you’re hearing about it… here’s a brief intro…
- Coastal Magic is a super casual convention and book signing in Daytona Beach, FL, Feb 22-25, 2018. Our goal is to bring authors and readers of urban fantasy, paranormal, and all the sub-genres of romance together for a memorable weekend by the beach.
- With panels designed to start interesting discussion, and meet & greets with fun themes, we’ve got something for just about every reader. While there IS a schedule, there is also ample time for authors and their fans to just hang out together, that’s the whole point of the weekend! Be prepared for reader, blogger, and author shenanigans!
- Saturday’s charity book sale and signing is open to convention attendees, and also FREE to the public. We’ll have over 60 amazing storytellers, showcasing not only bestselling favorites, but debut and “new to you” authors that are sure to catch your attention.
Still on the fence about attending??
Our Featured Bloggers will be doing spotlights on each of the authors in the next few months, so keep an eye out for these fun ways to get to know our Featured Authors better. You can check out the full listing of amazing authors who’ll be participating on the Coastal Magic Featured Authors page.
If you want to keep up with all the online shenanigans leading up to the beach-side shenanigans, you can join the Facebook group for authors and attendees, and/or follow along any of the convention’s social media outlets.
So… will I be seeing YOU in Daytona? Which author(s) are you most interested in hanging out with? Which authors will be new to you? Registration opens promptly at midnight, and will cap out at 300, so don’t miss your chance to hang out with me, and all of these incredible authors and fellow book lovers!
Come take a bite out of the beach with us!!