#CMCon20 Lunch With An Author Info – Signups Start Monday
One of the most anticipated events of Coastal Magic every year is our annual Lunch with an Author. This is our no-promo, just chat meal with authors and readers getting to know each other a little better. We always have quite a few questions about how the signups for this go, so here’s a basic breakdown.
(originally posted by Dolorianne in the Coastal Magic Convention: Authors & Attendees Facebook group)
LUNCH WITH AN AUTHOR
What do I do to prepare?
- Look over the list of authors.
- Make a list of who you might want to sit with.
- Go to https://www.signupgenius.com/ and make a FREE profile so that you can access the sign-up sheet as soon as it’s available.
- Make sure EVERYONE in your traveling group makes THEIR OWN PROFILE. There is no “saving seats”. Everyone needs to make their own individual selection. Or you can ask someone to make a choice on your behalf … but … it MUST be done as a separate submission with a separate sign-up genius account. Choices including 2 (or more) seats in one entry will be deleted and have to start all over again. ****Your original choice will not be guaranteed if someone else fills the spot before you resubmit your choice.****
- A link will be posted (8 pm ET on Monday, February 17th) when the sign-ups are active. In the event that the table of your 1st choice is full, your list from above will come in handy.
- If you want to try sitting with an author you aren’t familiar with as a way to expand your Coastal Magic experience, please feel free to tag me (Dolorianne). I have read every author and, after a few preference questions, will be happy to recommend a couple authors to choose from.
The lunch is a great way to get to know an author you’re already a fan of, or discover a “new-to-you” author who may very well become your next favorite. If you have any questions, feel free to comment here, or ask in the FB group.
Looking forward to seeing everyone in Daytona!!