I feel like the last month has FLOWN by, and the idea that we’re only a week away from seeing everyone for the 5th annual Coastal Magic is a bit mind boggling! It’s awesome, and also I’M NOT READY, lol!!
There’s always so much to do in the “home stretch”, so here’s a quick rundown of what you can expect between now and our weekend by the beach.
- Lunch with an Author signups!!
Lots of people have been asking about this, it’s one of the highlights of the weekend. After the first couple of years, having to rearrange and adjust and try to re-seat disappointed readers… I learned that this has to be done as close to our event as possible. This *hopefully* bypasses the issue of people selecting to sit with an author, that author having to cancel for some reason, and then trying to find places for those readers with other author groups. This makes us all nervous, I know, and I’m sorry… but it’s necessary. In case you missed the social media posts (and a reminder, if you did see them) our signups for this year’s lunch will be SATURDAY, JAN 28th at 8PM, eastern. This will *hopefully* give readers in all time zones a fair opportunity to make their selections. Some things to remember about the lunch:
- Please be sure to have a list of authors you’re interested in spending your lunch with. Some authors will have their spots fill up almost immediately. This happens every year. While I understand that everyone has favorites, I also hope that we have enough fabulous authors in attendance that each of will have a long list to choose from.
- Consider selecting an author that you’ve never read, or someone you’re not familiar with. This is a great time to find new authors to add to your TBR lists!! And you just never know, you may start some fun new friendships.
- Authors will NOT be bringing any giveaways for the lunch groups. The focus here is spending time with each other and chatting. There are many other opportunities during the weekend for authors to share swag or goodies.
- I will post the link for the signups (we’ll be using SignupGenius.com again) on all of our social media and this blog at 7:30pm, and the link will go live at 8pm.
- Volunteer Signup Form!!
This is the first year (after being asked for a couple of years) that we’ll have a volunteer signup! If you checked the box when you registered to help out for 1, 2, or 3 hours during the weekend, you’ll have the opportunity to sign up for specific time blocks. We’ll need some extra hands at the registration desk, setting up for activities, and more. Hopefully, everyone who’s interested will be able to find some times between their “can’t miss” panels. Thank you, in advance, for your help. The offers are very much appreciated!! I’ll have that signup form ready for you this weekend, as well. The link will be emailed to the address on your registration.
- We still have limited space available for single day and two day registrations. If you, or someone you know, wanted to come hang with us, but couldn’t get away for the whole convention — there’s still a chance to join us! The graphic below has the pricing and activity info for each day. Be sure to share it with your book loving, beach loving friends!
There are a few more things up my sleeve for the next week… so keep your eyes on our social media (FB and Twitter) for additional updates.
Thank you all for your enthusiasm and excitement. I can’t wait to see everyone! (Actually, I can! I have more things to print, and lists to check off, and people to email… and, and, and… )