Well, hello there! I know many of you have been waiting for the 2016 schedule to be posted, and I have good news… it’s UP! Please keep in mind that there may still be some changes between now and the convention, but I’ll update the page when those happen so everyone knows. There are still a few events that have details to be worked out, and those will be updated as soon as we’ve gotten everything sorted.
You can see the schedule in a list (ish) form right on the schedule page (click HERE, or the tab above). Or, you can see it in spreadsheet form (through Google sheets) by clicking HERE (this link is also on the schedule page.)
A few other notes:
- The “Lunch with an Author” selections will be open from Jan 25th – Jan 31st. Each of the Featured Authors will have 4 spots available, and seats will be filled in the order of the request. This means that some authors WILL fill their spots very early. Please be sure to add some “new to you” authors, along with your favorites, to the list of authors you’d like to chat with during lunch on that Saturday. This could be a great way to find your NEXT favorite author! Be sure to watch our social media and blogsite for a reminder.
- Registration for #CMCon16 will be closing on Jan 15th!! If you’d like to spend your weekend with some awesome authors and fellow book lovers — now is the time to make that happen!! You can click HERE, or the registration tab above. Don’t miss your chance to attend the fun discussion panels, hang out with authors during themed meet & greets, party at our “Day of the Dead” mixer, and make some amazing memories by the beach. (P.S. – Bloggers, we have a special mingle with the Featured Authors, just for you!)
- Any authors / publishers / publicists who would like to contribute items for our welcome bags, panel door prizes, game night prizes, and/or charity basket raffle — now is a great time to ship those! Please message me on twitter (@CoastalMagicCon) or Facebook (facebook.com/CoastalMagicConvention), or email me at CoastalMagicConvention at gmail dot com, for details and shipping instructions. This is a great way to share news about your stories with some dedicated, eager readers.
- Speaking of the charity basket raffle — Each attendee will receive two tickets for the raffle in their welcome bags. Each addition ticket (maximum will be determined by how many total baskets we have) will be $1 each. All money raised will benefit a local Habitat For Humanity chapter.
- I have a design for a second Coastal Magic Convention t-shirt (this time, with Featured Authors names listed). I’m debating whether or not to actually process and sell the shirts. Come chat with us about that (and see the design), among other things, in our Facebook Authors & Attendees group!
6. The last thing to share for now is a fun post I did for Buzzfeed.com Community. It’s a list of reasons that Coastal Magic should be in YOUR plans for 2016. I had a lot of fun putting it together — I hope you get a kick out of it!
So… I think that’s it for now. I’m sure there will be lots of updates and things to share as we get closer to #CMCon16. We’ve got some really fun stuff planned, and I can’t wait to see you all there!!