How’s about THAT for a way to spend the afternoon?? I honestly love this picture… SO much. It was a happy surprise when I checked out Featured Author Jan DeLima’s blog post, today, about coming to the Daytona/St. Augustine area for next year’s Coastal Magic Convention. You can find her fun post HERE, along with lots of other beachy, beautiful pics to go with this one.
It serves as a subtle, yet not-so-subtle reminder that registration is open, for anyone who’d like to join Jan, the rest of the Featured Authors, and all of us anxious readers! We’re going to have such a great time!! I’m torn between wishing it was February NOW, and being glad I have enough time to finish getting everything ready, lol.
Be sure to keep an eye out for blog posts from our Featured Bloggers, spotlighting our Featured Authors. There will be promos, interviews, reviews, and fun guest spots every month to help all of you get to know our group better. I can’t wait to see what everyone’s got in store for us!! There’s a running list of links on our Featured Blogger page, if you want to check out anything you may have missed.
I’ve got some real life things going on this month (Wizarding World of Harry Potter, and DragonCon… I do love my real life!), but I’ll be starting to work on a panel and meet & greet schedule in September. I hope I’ll have that up for everyone in late September, early October. *fingers crossed* Right now… here’s the bare bones (might change, but probably not by too much) outline of how things will happen that weekend. (I’m posting this now, so if you’re interested in coming, you’ll have an idea of when to arrive/leave.)
Thursday, Feb 5th:
- 5pm – Registration Check-In / Welcome Bag Pick-up starts
- 6-10pm – Author / Blogger events
- 6pm – 12am – Game Room / Meet-up area for all attendees
Friday, Feb 6th:
- 10am – 6pm – Panels / Meet & Greets (Lunch break around 12pm-ish? Meal not included in registration.)
- 7-9pm – Supernatural Lasertag at Daytona Lagoon (requires separate ticket at registration)
- 9:30-11:30pm – Cinema Craptastique (delightful “MST-style” viewing of an awesomely awful paranormal movie, headed by super snarker Damon Suede)
Saturday, Feb 7th:
- Breakfast / Lunch With An Author (Meal, EITHER breakfast OR lunch, included in registration. More information coming later )
- 10am-4pm – Panels / Meet & Greets (Lunch break around 12pm-ish?)
- 5-7pm – Charity Booksale / Signing (benefits Habitat For Humanity… open to the public)
- 8-11pm – Evening Mingle (catchy name TBD, lol)
Sunday, Feb 8th:
- 9-10am – Charity Raffle Basket Winners Announced (baskets must be picked up by noon or alternate winners will be chosen)
- 10am-2pm – Panels (in addition to reader-focused programming, this is likely where our “writer/industry” focused panels will be)
- 12-2pm – Swag Crafts (fun ways to use/display all of your convention swag!!)
- 2-2:30pm – Goodbye/Feedback chat (informal, give thoughts/suggestions on how things went, and how to improve)
Ok, I think that’s all the news for now. I’m so happy with the way things have been progressing behind the scenes. Now we just have to get all of YOU to join us in February… by the beach… with a bunch of authors and reader friends…
Oh, I do love my real life!