Well, HELLO THERE, everyone!!
It’s been a little while since our 2018 Coastal Magic weekend, I hope you’ve all got some great memories from that event, and are ready to make some more at #CMCon19!
Some of the first things I have to do in the planning process are find amazing authors for you to get excited about, and incredible bloggers to help us get to know them all. The Featured Author announcement will be coming at the end of this month, but right now I’d like you to meet our Featured Blogger group.
Jackie – http://www.literaryescapism.com
Laura – https://littlereadridinghood.com
Jay – http://joyfullyjay.com
Tamye – https://bookscoffeeandcraftsnews.com
Scherry – http://www.thenovellady.com
Yvonne – https://lilysreviews.dreamwidth.org
Jeff & Will – http://biggayfictionpodcast.com
Rae – https://www.booksilovealatte.com
Mandie – http://takingtimeformommy.com
Some of these will be familiar faces. (Laura’s been with me since the first year!) Not only do they work hard to promote our authors and the convention BEFORE our weekend, they moderate our panels and do SO MUCH to help make sure Coastal Magic runs smoothly. I’m thrilled to have so many returning bloggers, and excited to get to work with some amazing new peeps.
The blogs these ladies and gents represent cover such a wide variety of genres and target audiences, kinda like us! Each month, from July through February, they will host Featured Author Spotlights. This is where you get the chance to learn a little more about each of our Featured Authors, get familiar with their writing before the event, and even win a prize or two! In addition to their own monthly posts, these will be the blogs involved in any of our convention sponsored blog events, to promote Coastal Magic and/or the authors. Those will generally happen around a holiday, and will all involve contests. 🙂
So… give these blogs a peek. Be sure to subscribe to them, and/or follow all of their social media outlets, so you don’t miss any of the fun!
July will be here in a few hours, and General Registration for the 2018 Coastal Magic Convention will be OPEN!
I’m always a combination of excitement and stress right around this time. A lot of work has gone into the planning of next year’s event, and so much more is still to come. As the director, making sure everyone has a good time (and making sure there are enough people there TO have a good time) is my main focus. This is the beginning of SEEING that goal start to happen. Our lovely readers have always shown up, though, so I really SHOULDN’T be anxious. And yet… (see above flaily armed dude)…
So… what do you need to know before you get decide to join us?
- General Registration covers all official, on-site panels and activities (meet & greets, parties, etc.) during the weekend. (There may be additional events hosted outside the official schedule – fan meetups and such – that may have additional fees. Those activities will be outlined with details on the website when the schedule is posted in the fall.)
- Cost is $90 plus EventBrite fees, and also includes:
- Welcome Bag filled with swag & goodies from authors & publishers
- Saturday’s “Lunch with an Author” (this meal is provided)
- Saturday’s book sale/signing (bookseller on-site, also open to the public)
- Refunds are available within 90 days of registration, through December 31st. After 90 days, or after December 31st, registrations may be transferred to another reader.
- Registration does not guarantee a room at the host hotel. Link for reserving your room will be sent with your confirmation from EventBrite. If our group block fills before you’re able to get your room, there are many other hotel options within a very close walking/public transportation distance.
If you’re already familiar with Coastal Magic… YAY! If this is the first you’re hearing about it… here’s a brief intro…
- Coastal Magic is a super casual convention and book signing in Daytona Beach, FL, Feb 22-25, 2018. Our goal is to bring authors and readers of urban fantasy, paranormal, and all the sub-genres of romance together for a memorable weekend by the beach.
- With panels designed to start interesting discussion, and meet & greets with fun themes, we’ve got something for just about every reader. While there IS a schedule, there is also ample time for authors and their fans to just hang out together, that’s the whole point of the weekend! Be prepared for reader, blogger, and author shenanigans!
- Saturday’s charity book sale and signing is open to convention attendees, and also FREE to the public. We’ll have over 60 amazing storytellers, showcasing not only bestselling favorites, but debut and “new to you” authors that are sure to catch your attention.
Still on the fence about attending??
Our Featured Bloggers will be doing spotlights on each of the authors in the next few months, so keep an eye out for these fun ways to get to know our Featured Authors better. You can check out the full listing of amazing authors who’ll be participating on the Coastal Magic Featured Authors page.
If you want to keep up with all the online shenanigans leading up to the beach-side shenanigans, you can join the Facebook group for authors and attendees, and/or follow along any of the convention’s social media outlets.
Facebook “Like” Page Instagram Tumblr Newsletter Twitter Google+ Pinterest
So… will I be seeing YOU in Daytona? Which author(s) are you most interested in hanging out with? Which authors will be new to you? Registration opens promptly at midnight, and will cap out at 300, so don’t miss your chance to hang out with me, and all of these incredible authors and fellow book lovers!
Come take a bite out of the beach with us!!
ATTENTION BLOGGER FRIENDS!!
If you’re interested in participating at Coastal Magic next year, as a Featured Blogger, here’s your chance!! I’m looking for FOUR additional Featured Bloggers for next year’s event. This is the best way to be involved in the “behind the scenes” stuff, and it comes with a lot of (mostly) fun work, and a few cool perks.
If you’d like more info, please use this form to inquire. I’ll be looking through responses and making selections for the next few weeks. (Feel free to share this post, and/or pass this form link along to any blogger friends you have that may be interested. Thanks!!)
Well, hello there! I know many of you have been waiting for the 2016 schedule to be posted, and I have good news… it’s UP! Please keep in mind that there may still be some changes between now and the convention, but I’ll update the page when those happen so everyone knows. There are still a few events that have details to be worked out, and those will be updated as soon as we’ve gotten everything sorted.
You can see the schedule in a list (ish) form right on the schedule page (click HERE, or the tab above). Or, you can see it in spreadsheet form (through Google sheets) by clicking HERE (this link is also on the schedule page.)
A few other notes:
- The “Lunch with an Author” selections will be open from Jan 25th – Jan 31st. Each of the Featured Authors will have 4 spots available, and seats will be filled in the order of the request. This means that some authors WILL fill their spots very early. Please be sure to add some “new to you” authors, along with your favorites, to the list of authors you’d like to chat with during lunch on that Saturday. This could be a great way to find your NEXT favorite author! Be sure to watch our social media and blogsite for a reminder.
- Registration for #CMCon16 will be closing on Jan 15th!! If you’d like to spend your weekend with some awesome authors and fellow book lovers — now is the time to make that happen!! You can click HERE, or the registration tab above. Don’t miss your chance to attend the fun discussion panels, hang out with authors during themed meet & greets, party at our “Day of the Dead” mixer, and make some amazing memories by the beach. (P.S. – Bloggers, we have a special mingle with the Featured Authors, just for you!)
- Any authors / publishers / publicists who would like to contribute items for our welcome bags, panel door prizes, game night prizes, and/or charity basket raffle — now is a great time to ship those! Please message me on twitter (@CoastalMagicCon) or Facebook (facebook.com/CoastalMagicConvention), or email me at CoastalMagicConvention at gmail dot com, for details and shipping instructions. This is a great way to share news about your stories with some dedicated, eager readers.
- Speaking of the charity basket raffle — Each attendee will receive two tickets for the raffle in their welcome bags. Each addition ticket (maximum will be determined by how many total baskets we have) will be $1 each. All money raised will benefit a local Habitat For Humanity chapter.
- I have a design for a second Coastal Magic Convention t-shirt (this time, with Featured Authors names listed). I’m debating whether or not to actually process and sell the shirts. Come chat with us about that (and see the design), among other things, in our Facebook Authors & Attendees group!
6. The last thing to share for now is a fun post I did for Buzzfeed.com Community. It’s a list of reasons that Coastal Magic should be in YOUR plans for 2016. I had a lot of fun putting it together — I hope you get a kick out of it!
So… I think that’s it for now. I’m sure there will be lots of updates and things to share as we get closer to #CMCon16. We’ve got some really fun stuff planned, and I can’t wait to see you all there!!