Well, HELLO THERE, everyone!!
It’s been a little while since our 2018 Coastal Magic weekend, I hope you’ve all got some great memories from that event, and are ready to make some more at #CMCon19!
Some of the first things I have to do in the planning process are find amazing authors for you to get excited about, and incredible bloggers to help us get to know them all. The Featured Author announcement will be coming at the end of this month, but right now I’d like you to meet our Featured Blogger group.
Jackie – http://www.literaryescapism.com
Laura – https://littlereadridinghood.com
Jay – http://joyfullyjay.com
Tamye – https://bookscoffeeandcraftsnews.com
Scherry – http://www.thenovellady.com
Yvonne – https://lilysreviews.dreamwidth.org
Jeff & Will – http://biggayfictionpodcast.com
Rae – https://www.booksilovealatte.com
Mandie – http://takingtimeformommy.com
Some of these will be familiar faces. (Laura’s been with me since the first year!) Not only do they work hard to promote our authors and the convention BEFORE our weekend, they moderate our panels and do SO MUCH to help make sure Coastal Magic runs smoothly. I’m thrilled to have so many returning bloggers, and excited to get to work with some amazing new peeps.
The blogs these ladies and gents represent cover such a wide variety of genres and target audiences, kinda like us! Each month, from July through February, they will host Featured Author Spotlights. This is where you get the chance to learn a little more about each of our Featured Authors, get familiar with their writing before the event, and even win a prize or two! In addition to their own monthly posts, these will be the blogs involved in any of our convention sponsored blog events, to promote Coastal Magic and/or the authors. Those will generally happen around a holiday, and will all involve contests. 🙂
So… give these blogs a peek. Be sure to subscribe to them, and/or follow all of their social media outlets, so you don’t miss any of the fun!
This year we had our first photo challenge contest for a FREE General Registration to Coastal Magic. I had a lot of fun working with the authors and bloggers to post a picture on Instagram (and fed onto other social media) for each day’s prompt. HUGE Thank You go all of our participating Coastal Magic family, and everyone one of YOU who played along!! It was really great to see all the creativity in interpretation for each pic.
Just for reference… this was our challenge…
And our winning post (randomly selected by link) is…
posted on June 16th, by “makingithappenblog” (Carra Saigh) on Instagram
Congratulations, Carra!!! Thanks for taking part in the challenge. Please email me for instructions on redeeming your FREE General Registration for next year’s Coastal Magic.
Keep your eyes peeled (and on our blog, newsletter, and social media) for the next fun contest. (Hint… we’ve got stuff coming up SOON!)
July will be here in a few hours, and General Registration for the 2018 Coastal Magic Convention will be OPEN!
I’m always a combination of excitement and stress right around this time. A lot of work has gone into the planning of next year’s event, and so much more is still to come. As the director, making sure everyone has a good time (and making sure there are enough people there TO have a good time) is my main focus. This is the beginning of SEEING that goal start to happen. Our lovely readers have always shown up, though, so I really SHOULDN’T be anxious. And yet… (see above flaily armed dude)…
So… what do you need to know before you get decide to join us?
- General Registration covers all official, on-site panels and activities (meet & greets, parties, etc.) during the weekend. (There may be additional events hosted outside the official schedule – fan meetups and such – that may have additional fees. Those activities will be outlined with details on the website when the schedule is posted in the fall.)
- Cost is $90 plus EventBrite fees, and also includes:
- Welcome Bag filled with swag & goodies from authors & publishers
- Saturday’s “Lunch with an Author” (this meal is provided)
- Saturday’s book sale/signing (bookseller on-site, also open to the public)
- Refunds are available within 90 days of registration, through December 31st. After 90 days, or after December 31st, registrations may be transferred to another reader.
- Registration does not guarantee a room at the host hotel. Link for reserving your room will be sent with your confirmation from EventBrite. If our group block fills before you’re able to get your room, there are many other hotel options within a very close walking/public transportation distance.
If you’re already familiar with Coastal Magic… YAY! If this is the first you’re hearing about it… here’s a brief intro…
- Coastal Magic is a super casual convention and book signing in Daytona Beach, FL, Feb 22-25, 2018. Our goal is to bring authors and readers of urban fantasy, paranormal, and all the sub-genres of romance together for a memorable weekend by the beach.
- With panels designed to start interesting discussion, and meet & greets with fun themes, we’ve got something for just about every reader. While there IS a schedule, there is also ample time for authors and their fans to just hang out together, that’s the whole point of the weekend! Be prepared for reader, blogger, and author shenanigans!
- Saturday’s charity book sale and signing is open to convention attendees, and also FREE to the public. We’ll have over 60 amazing storytellers, showcasing not only bestselling favorites, but debut and “new to you” authors that are sure to catch your attention.
Still on the fence about attending??
Our Featured Bloggers will be doing spotlights on each of the authors in the next few months, so keep an eye out for these fun ways to get to know our Featured Authors better. You can check out the full listing of amazing authors who’ll be participating on the Coastal Magic Featured Authors page.
If you want to keep up with all the online shenanigans leading up to the beach-side shenanigans, you can join the Facebook group for authors and attendees, and/or follow along any of the convention’s social media outlets.
Facebook “Like” Page Instagram Tumblr Newsletter Twitter Google+ Pinterest
So… will I be seeing YOU in Daytona? Which author(s) are you most interested in hanging out with? Which authors will be new to you? Registration opens promptly at midnight, and will cap out at 300, so don’t miss your chance to hang out with me, and all of these incredible authors and fellow book lovers!
Come take a bite out of the beach with us!!
It’s a bit later in the day than I’d like for this, so apologies for the glitches and setbacks that caused the delay. But…
WE HAZ FEATURED AUTHORS!!!!
Well, we’ve actually HAD Featured Authors for a while, but now I can share the exciting author listing with all of you!! We’ve still got a few to get all sorted out and settled, and those will be added in the near future, so keep your eyes peeled for a some additions. 🙂
So… here’s the list version… and if you’d like to see a much prettier version of this listing (complete with author pics and bios), check out our actual Featured Authors page of this site (links to websites will be coming later today.)
A C Arthur
Eric R Asher
Dana Marie Bell
T C Blue
Saranna DeWylde / Sara Lunsford
Piper J Drake / P J Schnyder
Skye Jordan / Joan Swan
Aria Kane / Sarah Nicolas
Mari Mancusi / Mari Madison
Gail Z Martin
J D Monroe / Jessica Hawke
Robin D Owens
C S Poe
H D Smith
T M Smith
Julia Talbot / Minerva Howe
B A Tortuga
HUGE Thank You to all of our 2018 Featured Authors. It’s fun, but it’s also a lot of work, to be the focus of these kinds of reader events. We so appreciate all the time and effort you give to your fans.
So… in July, we’ll start to see Featured Bloggers posting monthly spotlights with these awesome peeps, so you’ll get to know more about your favorites, and meet some “new to you” authors. And don’t forget that General Registration for readers starts on July 1st!!
See all of you in February!!